UNIVERSITY OF WEST GEORGIA NURSING BUILDING
The Old Newnan Hospital was originally built in 1925, though most of the hospital functions have moved to another local hospital structure over the last decade. Foresite Group was contracted to redesign and redevelop the hospital into a Nursing Education building for the University of West Georgia’s Newnan campus. Structural engineering services were provided for the demolition of older portions of the building, the addition of a steel-framed lecture hall with tiered seating on grade, and renovations for the remaining portions of the hospital. Foresite Group’s Traffic Engineering team also performed a traffic impact study. Additional coordination between the City of Newnan, Piedmont Newnan Hospital, Coweta County, the University of West Georgia, and the Board of Regents was required for this project.